JOHN DAVID BALLA — Marketologist
Your Virtual Marketing and Technology Executive
Do you identify with any of these sentiments?
- I need marketing and IT help but where do I start?
- Hiring an executive, not to mention a staff, to handle these things is simply out of the question. After all, I'm not that big... or rich.
- I don't know who to believe. Everybody talks a good game but they speak a foreign language as far as I'm concerned. It frustrates the H@#ll out of me.
- I know I'm losing business from the BIG GUYS but I'll just have to live with it.
- If I just had someone I could rely on to take charge of these things; someone who looks out for my interests proactively, but geez, that's a fantasy.
- But it's a great fantasy. I deserve a life like everyone else. But how?
It's true. Big companies spend millions on digital marketing and the technology that enables it. After all, there's nothing like throwing money at the problem, and that they have. They also have a small army of programmers and marketing types with impressive degrees and other credentials, and they too must constantly justify their existence. This bloat must be protected and defended each and every day.
The good news is that you don't. In fact, it can be downright dangerous to your survival. After all, David never tried to BE Goliath. And neither should you.
Throughout my career I've worked for some of the largest companies in the world, but I was never employed by them. In fact, I wouldn't have gelled well in corporate culture. Too much specialization and politics and meetings that have no definable purpose other than to occupy time and justify job descriptions. And for responsibility, it's spread so broadly that failure is hard to pinpoint. And it's all designed that way.
What takes a corporation a year or more to do, you should be able to accomplish in a month, a week or even a day. Seriously.
If you are still reading, I know you take your business seriously, and you understand that for your business to grow, you need to grow too. It's important to continue to get better.
As a business owner, you know you can't rely on past successes to drive your business forward. Most of this is due to time. And I get it. The life of a business owner is a never ending time management game.
In fact, many entrepreneurs, myself included, prefer to jump to the front of the line and get the help they need immediately. This is precisely the value I am offering. Leverage my "know how" from my decades of working with big corporations and startups, and all things between.
A bit about me...
I'm just one guy and I'm not at all interested in building an empire. All the power to those that do. Managing people isn't my thing, and to scale my business would present the same problem you have. Time, and not enough of it. Instead, I'd like to stick to what I excel at; being the right hand man for a few business owners, and teaching them or their employees how to use the strategies, tactics and tools so they can best utilize all of their resources. In other words, if I do my job right I should work myself out of work! I've had this philosophy for over 15 years now.
Testimonial: "John built my first website (I have four), and then trained my office manager so well in WordPress and his 'bag of tricks' that the other three sites were built in-house. That's how well John trained my office manager." Sonia Zimmer, CEO of Manic Maids, Inc.
Testimonial: "Everybody seems to be blogging these days but most of that stuff is junk, or worse. I told John that if I was going to have a blog it had to be top notch. I'm still not sure how he did it but somehow he generates more really awesome blog posts every day. My blog site is so professional. It looks like CNN or something like that. He then trained one of my employees on how to administer it so he could move on to more premium projects that required his skillset." Hillary Hirche, President and Owner, Midi Store, LLC.
The way I see it, you’re the kind of person who has a lot of passion and cares deeply about your business. And you want to create a more stable way of life for yourself and your loved ones.
Otherwise, I don’t think you’d have read this far.
You know you’re capable of more and you look forward to the day when you're not chained to your business.
If you’re tired of the Cash Flow Rollercoaster… if you’re ready to grow your business…then I can help you.
I am a high energy marketing professional and executive with 20+years experience servicing Fortune 500 firms, startups, and small to midsize companies. Most of my engagements are project-based and temporary in nature. I occasionally will take on long-term arrangements, either as an independent contractor or employee or as a executive partner. Said arrangements are determined by need, availability, and mutually beneficial opportunity.
My skills comprise all aspects of marketing and marketing management, product innovation and development, messaging and copywriting. I easily move from vision and strategy to hands-on implementation.
I am very adept at driving positioning, pricing and go-to-market strategies. In this process I place a premium on the underlying values that determine customer needs, especially for products and services that do not exist, what many refer to as market disruption.
On the geek side of things, I have managed many custom integration projects for companies as large as John Hancock to small startups. In addition, I am a CMS (WordPress) expert, Ecommerce (WooCommerce and Volusion) developer, and regularly achieve page 1 Google rankings. Beyond that, my toolset is aplenty with an array of inbound and outbound marketing techniques and tactics.
Call John 928.300.7675
- Increased net revenue by 100% by spearheading and leading a comprehensive marketing campaign.
- Increased global eCommerce sales by 20% in one year.
- Increased sales by 5% with "abandoned cart" marketing.
- Increased sales by 8% with automated "outbound" marketing.
- Increased sales by 5% with "abandoned site" marketing.
- Achieved #1 position for various competitive keyword search terms spanning across many industries and markets.
- Launched aggressive growth plans (for startups) that increased customer base from virtually zero to thousands of customers.
- Awarded "Best of the Best" accolades for the past 3 years.
- Industry first B2C/B2B pro audio marketplace.
- Industry first multimedia eBook.
- Increased social media sales by 100%.